Echo, Learn and what we are doing

Echo, Learn and what we are doing

by Craig Daraz -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Students and staff,

As I’m sure you are all too aware Echo recordings have been somewhat erratic over the last week or so. My team and I have been working to diagnose and resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We have discovered that the error seems to be a scheduling error in Echo that has caused the captures to publish in the wrong places, I believe this is related to other issues with the timetable integration, new viewer and the app. I have approached IT development colleagues in order to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

The eagle eyed among you will also have noticed that during the summer the Learn global search facility was removed. Unfortunately this was due to a number of technical issues causing it to become unreliable. We are however, in the process looking onto ways that this functionality could be achieved within Learn. A possible candidate being Echo360, who are, as part of their development roadmap creating a cataloguing and search function that from early examples looks very promising. Echo have stated that the timeline for development and release of this functionality is 6 months.

Please rest assured that my team and I are working hard to resolve the issues and improve your Learn experience as quickly as possible. To that end I am pleased to inform you that LinkedIn Learning (our new replacement for Lynda.com) is in the final stages of testing and will be released for both student and staff use by the end of the month (October 2018).

I would like to extend my apologies to both students and staff for any inconvenience this has caused.  

Regards, 

Craig Daraz

Digital Learning Manager

The Royal Veterinary College

Royal College Street

London, NW1 0TU